Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
Kate Conroy is an award winning artist from the Southwest Side of Chicago. Her style tends to be figurative with impressionistic touches. She is drawn to vivid, saturated color, which is represented in each and every one of her paintings. Kate is currently working with the impasto technique and creating strong yet feminine brushstrokes while maintaining a large amount of paint on the surface of the canvas.
Much of her work focuses on portraits and natural landscapes. She finds painting to be the most concise form of communication and the human form a rich arena in which to explore and express emotion, intention, and challenge.
Kate attended both Chicago’s American Academy of Art, as well as Columbia College studying the fields of Illustration, and Fine Arts.
An avid painter, and art instructor at a local art studio, Bottle & Bottega, located in LaGrange Park, IL, Kate has immersed herself in the world of art, and is enjoying every waking moment.
- “Intersection: Art + Word“, Oak Park Art League, “Brains Are The New Tits” Second Place Winner
- “Gateway To The Rockies Art Show“, Aurora History Museum, 2017 “Rose Colored Glasses”
- “Nasty Women” Exhibit, Oak Park Arts Association, 2017 “Bridget”
- “Mark Of The Hand” Exhibit, Tall Grass Arts Association, 2017 “Floral Explosion”
- “Heat” Exhibit, Oak Park Art League, 2017 “This Little Light Of Mine” & “Ring Of Fire”
- “Botanicals” Light, Space, Time Art Gallery, “Rose Of Tralee”- Special Recognition Award Winner & “Floral Explosion”- Special Merit Award Winner
- “Nasty Woman” Exhibit, Stan Mansion, Chicago IL, 2017 “Fire Inside Me”
- “Real People 2017” Exhibit, Old Courthouse Arts Center, 2017 “Norah”
- “Drawn To Detail” Exhibit, Oak Park Art League, 2017 “Rose Parade” – People’s Choice Award Winner
- “Conception Art, Group Exhibit”, Honorable Mention, 2017, Chicago IL
- “Love The Park Fine Arts” Palos Park-Juried Show, 2017 Best In Show/ People’s Choice
* 2017, Site-specific Installation, “Beautiful Face”, LaGrange, IL